Monday, June 11, 2007

Moods

The secret to getting Seva to practice his English? Make board games together!


(It's a very serious activity)



Today Seva cried because I was pronouncing the name "Tom" like the Russian word meaning "over there," so he thought I was saying "His name is over there." He got mad at me for not changing it to sound more like a Russian name.


We moved on to games. Seva cried because I was making the board game spaces too large. Then he made lots of "go straight to Finish" and "lose a turn" spaces while I filled in assignments such as "name two sports" and "sing a song in English."


He beat me five times (out of six), got his stickers, and was happy. Then I wouldn't let him exchange his "boring" stickers for the new, shiny ones. He sat in his room growling as I left. I guess I'm a pretty mean teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...