Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Vladimir #1- birthday

(Most trip photos courtesy of Anna or Marina)

I can't seem to find the time and write down my full analysis of the Vladimir trip, so here's an introduction in the meantime. I actually find people's travel journals a little boring sometimes, so I'll try to make it interesting.


We traveled to Vladimir by overnight train. The day we were arriving was my birthday, and Marina congratulated me from the top bunk.




We arrived at 5 in the morning.


After a full day of touring ministry centers, which I will write about next time, we hit "downtown" Vladimir to get a glimpse of the historical surroundings.







After that we bought some snacks and headed back to the hotel. I sat down to relax, but Anya called me to go out on the balcony and feed the birds. She loves animals and wouldn't even let us kill bugs in the room.



"I don't want to feed the birds," I said, concentrating on my book.



"But Liz, the poor birds are hungry. Let's take our chips and feed them."



"What for? I want to eat the chips myself." (I was tired/hungry)



"But Liz, maybe the birds have young to feed." I was about to kill Anya for being so persistent, but then I remembered that it was my birthday and maybe I needed to leave the room. So we went and hung out on the balcony.



We came back in and Marina had been at work setting up a party. Here I am "blowing out" the candles:

Goodnight! To be continued...






2 comments:

  1. A very late happy birthday to you!! I think your mom mentioned it to me, but I totally forgot. I'm a total space cadet anyway andthe heat and motherhood in general seem to make it worse! :) Happy happy happy birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's been a pretty spread-out birthday. :) I think it might finally be over though.

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...