Sunday, November 30, 2008

The next holiday...

I don't have the emotional energy to write an intellectual post. So this is a "show and tell" sort of update.

After the last of the Thanksgiving guests left, I decided it was time to make my Jesse Tree for Advent. That took the majority of the afternoon.

I made it out of wire.





I had a picture in a book, and my mom had some ideas, but as usual I ended up not following instructions.






After making the wire frame, I wrapped it in colored paper.






And then some more colored paper.



Now how am I going to make the ornaments match? Hmmm....


A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse;
from his roots a Branch will bear fruit...
-Isaiah 11:1

3 comments:

  1. Wow! How cool! Will it be a Jesse Tree? Or a Chrismon tree? I can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Liz I didn't know you were crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesse Tree!

    You couldn't detect my craftsmanship from my ESL flashcards? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...