Monday, January 25, 2010

Upgrade


Playing around with new Blogger features...

I recently learned that there is a new version of the post editor in Blogger. Just check out the "Basic" page in Settings.

I wanted to check out the new format mainly because I heard that it has a version of the "read more" feature, called "jump break."

I tried it a few times and it didn't seem to work, but then when I clicked "refresh," it showed up after all. It seems not to show up in the Preview, so you have to publish to see what it looks like.

Although I don't really like the look of the new post editor, it will be nice to have a one-click button for expandable post summaries.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Liz! I saw that you found my blog and are following - so I thought I would check out yours! : )
    We seem to have several things in common - life in Russia, and teaching English!
    I look forward to reading your thoughts - well, not the ones in your mind, the ones you've already written down! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Liz,

    Your blog is very interesting, helpful, and thoughtful.

    Thanks particularly for the description of St Petersburg ice removal,which I referenced in my post just yesterday. Larissa, my wife, says she often observed it done this way.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Лиза, так у тебя получилось усмирить эту новую функцию?
    Кстати, теперь можно еще отдельные страницы создавать.

    П.С. Где статься про сквозняки? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Функция сработала на моем русском дневнике. Почему-то здесь пока не работает. Статья здесь. http://morelizinstpete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...