Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Off with her head!

The first adventure that happened was that I found out one morning last week that we were going to have a house-guest, and by the evening I had grabbed some things and made my way through the snowy streets to a friend’s house to stay so that we would all be a little more comfortable.

I think that was Tuesday. The next day I had a head cold and between that and getting accustomed to my new surroundings, felt a little bewildered.

Thursday was an almost normal day, and so on through the weekend.

Meanwhile, a new week began and I was thinking about two details:1) My FBI report, which hadn’t made its appearance yet. 2) An upcoming trip to Estonia that I hadn’t quite figured out.
continue/-


The connection is that I needed the FBI report to apply for my residency permit, and without turning in those papers, I wasn’t sure if I’d be allowed to leave Russia and retain my place in the quota.

I was aiming for March 26th for Estonia, until yesterday, when I learned that the departure date is actually March 20th. Oh. That’s this Saturday. A quick scramble to look at the calendar and to determine whether it’s okay if I leave the country this weekend.

Well, if Immigration says it’s okay, why not? I can go back to my place on Friday, unpack, repack, and be ready Saturday morning to leave.

It looks like I’m about to do some traveling!

4 comments:

  1. Crazy times! See you Saturday morning:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't been there yet, Estonia is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling a bit better anyway! You do lead a fun life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know, I sort of have the blah's, but maybe it will be good to get away. I haven't been to Estonia in the winter, unless you count hopping over the border on a few occasions.

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...