Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Resurfacing

It is always strange to be writing a blog post from a new location. The last time I clicked on "New Post," I was on a different continent.

The worst of jet-lag is behind me, though it's still hard to focus my mind on something and do it. But it is nothing to complain about!

I headed off to D.C. a few days after arriving, where I met my youngest niece (8 months) and saw some college and even high school friends! We marked our 10-yr high school anniversary this year, so it's nice to see how the Lord has enabled friendships to continue.

And now I'm back in Massachusetts, waiting for my new visa...

click to meet Hannah/-


4 comments:

  1. I thought you got your residency in Russia. Did something go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, just have to wait until September! And my visa expired. So I could wait in the U.S., but I'm getting another 3-month visa to cover the last few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not understand why you had to leave to get a three month visa since you said you had permanent residence? I have permanent residence for the last six years and never had to get any visa renewals. I usually travel outside of Russia once a year at least, and never had any trouble leaving or coming back, never needed a visa at all, so something isn't right if you have permanent residence an dhad to return to the US to get a new three month visa, that's hard to understand?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I just handed in my application in April, I don't actually have the residency yet...

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...